Our Volunteers at Fledgling offer their time out of love and a passion for what we are trying to achieve, and all of our Volunteers are people who have struggled in ways similar to our members so we can offer firsthand insight.
Jewels PiXie Johnson:
1. what's your chosen creativity? ? Poetry first & foremost , I can't remember a time when I didn't have a pen in my hand scribbling frantically! I also love to read always find tremendous catharsis, it has been by best friend always. After that Visual Arts in all forms, and then singing. (Wuthering Heights is my speciality)
2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever done (that you're willing to admit) and when did you do it? I seem to do a lot of (what other people say are) weird things on a regular basis , so it's hard to pick just one out ;) most recently, had a fairly long chat with a snail (last night)
3. Favourite crisp flavour? Yum! Tyrells Salt & Vinegar (perfect)
4. What was the first record/cd that you bought? 'Wild In The Country' Bow Wow WoW.
5. signature dance move? I really don't think there's a name for what I do
6. What's the most magical thing you can think of? Half Man, Half Faun (i.e Mr Tumnus)
7. Your most treasured possession? My life , I have been on the brink of losing it a couple of times in addition to people. close to me taking their own due to mental health. It makes me realise how precious life is all the time. (I would also say my pets, but they possess me , they are my owners) :)
8. What would you do if you could be invisible for 24 hours? Collect the whole Conservative Government , pop them in a black hole (never to return) and replace them with socialists who want equality , love and harmony.
9. What's your superpower ? I can't possible tell you, I still have a lot of work to do ;)
10. Sun or Snow? Snow snow snow
11. Tea or Coffee? Assam Tea please.
12. What song describes you best? 'She's an Artist' by Bob Dylan.
13. Bob Dylan or Bob Marley? Bob Dylan.
14. P.J Harvey or PJ & Duncan ? PJ Harvey (although who doesn't think fondly of 'let's get ready to rumble....)
15.The Breakfast Club or Breakfast At Tiffanys? The Breakfast Club.
16. What's the most bizarre position/situation you've ever woken up in? As a narcoleptic this can happen often. Most odd was in my muffin in a well-known coffee shop , whilst my friend was still talking and hadn't noticed a thing....
Mental Health Struggles:
I have Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Recovering Agoraphobic, OCD.
I have had 2 nervous breakdowns that really made me see what it could be like to truly lose ones' mind.
I am happy to discuss any of my mental health conditions with anyone because we need to help mental illness be destigmatized and raise awareness , accurately & honestly.
I also have multiple physical health conditions.